Southern Vegan Chocolate Pudding
November 6, 2012 § 1 Comment
This recipe was recently created by my sweet ( and undeniably sassy) Southern mother. She has recently become much more health-conscious in her cooking. I would love to take credit for this, since I am a Registered Dietitian, but it has nothing to do with me…ha! She simply discovered that eating well and exercising made her feel really great.
So when she is not busting a move on the dance floor like the picture below, or selling Avon, she is cooking up some healthy eats in her kitchen.
Check out the details below on how to make your own delicious Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/2 banana, pureed
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Puree banana in a blender and set aside.
- Combine and stir milk and half of sugar in a medium-sized saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining sugar, cocoa, pureed banana, and cornstarch in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour this mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until thick, approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Optional: Garnish with fresh fruit or roasted walnuts or almonds.